Mobile Engineer- Plumber
BGIS is currently seeking a Mobile Engineer to join the team..
BGIS is a global leader in the provision of facility management, project delivery, energy & sustainability, asset management, workplace advisory, and real estate services. With a combined team of over 7,000 globally, BGIS relentlessly focuses on delivering innovative service solutions that create value for its clients. Globally, BGIS manages over 30,000 facilities totaling more than 340 million square feet across several markets including Government, Higher Education, Utilities, Telecommunications, Financial Services, Oil & Gas, Healthcare and Cloud Enterprise. In addition to managing a diverse portfolio of corporate offices, retail, colleges, hospitals and industrial assets, BGIS is a world leader in the management of data centers and other critical environments
This person will be responsible for:
The Building Maintenance Engineer is responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance, routine and on-demand services on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems. The Building Maintenance Engineer is also responsible for performing work in accordance with established processes and practices and for complying with internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection.
At this position level:
– Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems
– Trades Certification or license is – required:
– Journeyman level Plumbing License
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Subject to legislative licensing requirements and company policy:
– Performs work in accordance to established processes and practices
– Complies with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection
– Performs regular facility, facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems monitoring and inspection, preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure facility uptime objectives are met, uninterrupted client operation and asset integrity of assigned facility are maintained.
– Provides observations about facility, facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems conditions and deficiencies and provides suggestions for enhancement and repair.
– Monitors assigned facility by conducting facility walkthroughs, mechanical and electrical equipment and system monitoring and inspection
– Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment
– Responds to routine and on-demand service requests and performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems
– Records resolution data within service maintenance management database. Ensures work completed meets quality, contract response and all other requirements
– Receives, tracks, monitors and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database. Initiates documents to obtain formal approval of work required.
– Assists in the implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) program. Ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated, and that related documentations are maintained.
– Participates in and assists with facility-related projects.
– Ensures the manner in which work is performed is in compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements.
– Maintains all assigned tools and arranges for repair and replacement where required
– Submits all expenditures on a timely basis
– Assists in enhancing tenant and customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relations through manner in which work is performed and services delivered.
– Other duties as assigned
– Must be able and willing to work shifts, be available for on-call/standby and emergency call-outs as they arise.
– Must be willing to wear personal protective equipment.
– Maintains and repairs building mechanical systems. Operates a Corporate vehicle, various tools and test equipment. Maintains and updates files, records, permits, logs, reports and ensures safekeeping of materials and supplies
EDUCATION, JOB-RELATED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
MINIMUM EDUCATION: High school completion plus a specialized technical or business course
JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE: 2-4 years or more
Knowledge & Skills
– 2-4 years or more of facility operations and maintenance work experience
– High school diploma plus trades training, certification or licensing
– Strong ability to adhere and to properly execute processes and practices relating to facility operations and maintenance
– Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment
– Strong building mechanical and electrical equi