SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
We in Boston University Development & Alumni Relations (DAR) harness the power of philanthropy to make excellent education accessible and welcoming to all, and to advance BU’s global leadership in research, scholarship, artistic creation, and professional practice. To support our work, we have built—and are continuing to build—an outstanding team of dynamic, mission-driven advancement professionals who constantly strive to create an environment where everyone belongs. Where it’s not just a job, but a career and a community.
Now, our Development Communications team is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer who will play a key role in creating Development and Alumni Relations communications that are compelling to alumni, and commensurate with the standards of a major global research university.
- Conceptualize and design visually compelling communication pieces, in print and digital formats, that help Development & Alumni Relations colleagues meet the University’s fundraising and alumni engagement goals. Includes research; brainstorming with in-house clients, writers, and other designers; communicating with outside vendors; photo research; layout; and revision.
- Design work that steers users toward transactions, including making gifts and registering for events
- Take the lead on projects from concept to delivery, with oversight from the Associate Director of Design & New Media
- Produce multiple projects ranging in size and scope simultaneously
- Brand events and other alumni programs, and apply that branding to multichannel communications meant to attract alumni engagement and support.
- Oversee printing and production processes to ensure optimal quality.
- Client relations:
- Communicates with Development & Alumni Relations colleagues about design objectives, processes, and problems to ensure mutual satisfaction with the final product. Includes formal and informal design meetings and presentations.
- Art direction and management:
- Guides the work of freelancers and manages to design interns/student workers to ensure that all departmental design meets clients’ needs and is of consistently high quality. Consults with other DAR departments to ensure that all development-related communications meet University to design and brand standards.